Friday, June 2, 2017

Silk Factory

On our day trip to Lyon, we visited an old silk factory. Despite the fact it was as many degrees in Celsius, as I would have liked it to have been in Fahrenheit, I really enjoyed the visit. The guide first brought us to the production room with the loom. I was excited to see them in person since I had read about them for my paper. They were larger and more intricate than I thought! I was very impressed by the amount of skill and focus it takes to so even a strand of a silk product.

I wonder who built the original loom, why they decided to use that model, and how much it costs. It does not seem as though the average joe could afford to be in this business. Overall, very neat process!

2 comments:

  1. After learning about how much the silk cost I thought I should just learn the technique and go into the business myself and just do it in my free time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the heat, but watching the tour guide weave made up for it. I wish we had gotten some your questions answered.

    ReplyDelete