Friday, June 2, 2017

Beginning of film

At the Lumiere house, I was really excited to see the way film started and it what ways was it filmed. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they had interactive screens there that allowed me to watch some of the early movies. Getting the chance to see the films up close, gave me a better understanding of what made the audiences so excited to see these short movies. As I watched them, I found myself mesmerized by the blocking and stories to them. I can't even begin to imagine what it would've been like for someone like me during that time. Film was new and different which is why everyone packed into theatres to see them. It was a great expierence for me to see how film first began.

4 comments:

  1. I also found the Luminare house imteresting. I like how throughout the house they had films showing their early works. I also agree that seeing the films up close was very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed watching the short films displayed on the wall as well. When the tour guide said that they made the train seem like it was going to hit you, it reminded me of 3D movies when the picure comes off the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those older films are really only impressive as relics. A lot of the framing, stories, and eventual dialogue are very unimpressive, but I believe that I would have also been mesmerized by early cinema if I were one of the first to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also found this area of new film was interesting, because it was so new and exciting at the time. It is interesting what we take for granted by watching movies which is not an unusual thing, but at that time it was definitely an up and coming attraction.

    ReplyDelete